Open Call for 2017 edition of International Video Art Festival Transmission 20 – 23 July 2017
Does art have anything to contribute to the post-truth, post-democracy world? Is it the time for us to start producing noise, politicizing aesthetic practices or just turn full-time towards political activism? In the era of post-truth politics, alternative facts and fake news campaigns undermining our democracies, we would like to invite experimental film makers and video artists to take a stand in the overwhelming ethical ambiguity of our time.
The competition is open to all forms of moving image-based artworks on a single-screen. Entries selected by our international jury of experts will be screened during the Transmission Video Art Festival taking place simultaneously in Karlsruhe (DE), Warsaw (PL) and Kassel (DE) from 20 – 23 July, 2017.
The deadline for entries is 15th of June 2017 at 12 a.m. CEST
Online entry form is available here.
If you have any questions please contact us via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the guidelines for submission and terms of agreement before completing this application:
The Transmission open call jury is going to shortlist videos for the final prize. Response from the jury may be expected in the beginning of July 2017.
If your video should be among the selected, we kindly ask you to send us a preview of your video (of max. 1 minute duration) and still images from your video by July 9th 2017. The preview will be made available on TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL and Festival venues digital platforms (web, Facebook, video channel) prior to the Festival opening.
By completing and sending the online entry form, you accept the conditions below.
1. TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 is granted permission to show all videos submitted in this Open Call on the Festival’s video channel and at the related venues during the Festival’s duration.
2. The best videos submitted to our TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL open call will be made available through our online platform to an international audience during the Festival period. Furthermore the video works will be screened in a single screen large-format projection at all three Festival venues.
3. All submitted videos are going to be preselected by a preliminary jury established by TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL. The jury will shortlist works as Open Call nominees to be announced before the opening of the Festival. These videos will be screened in full length on the Festival's opening night. Of these 10 works the jury will appoint three as the winners of the competition.
4. As a participant in TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 open call you are responsible for clearing any necessary copyrights or other rights ahead of submitting your video. In the event of your video containing material to which a third party has the copyright, you are responsible for obtaining permission to use the material from the party in question.
5. TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 cannot be held responsible for the contents of works submitted to the open call.
6. As a participant in TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 open call you grant Transmission Association rights indefinitely to use submitted still photos (or produce such) from the video(s) you submit without paying out a fee. The stills may be used on TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL's and Partner’s Venues web pages and as a part of its overall marketing, information and documentation purposes on digital platforms.
7. TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 reserves the right to refuse material arriving after the deadline
8. Participation in the open call of TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 is free. TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 cannot pay open call participants for their submissions.
9. TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 reserves the right to disqualify material that does not conform to the terms of the open call listed here.
If you have any questions relating to TRANSMISSION VIDEO ART FESTIVAL 2017 open call please contact us via e-mail: email@example.com
stay tuned & follow us
TRANSMISSON ART FESTIVAL is an independently organized annual festival.
The aim of the festival is to convey contemporary positions of different media and to bring artists from different cities together through cooperation. Each year, the festival's elements are individually arranged and can include an exhibition, performances, readings, concerts, workshops and a video art festival. The aim of the Festival is to give an insight into the current video art production around the world.